
Wendyzhu77
06-12 02:26 PM
Although people from desi consulting companies are generally not the "best", but when compared to the population of those immigrants through family relationship or even lottery, their skill level is still much higher.
To be honest, I do agree that the US needs qualified people with skillsets. The real question is "Are the people from the desi consulting companies the real qualified lot ? " Just to get my background details out of the way. I am a new member, from India ofcourse, and I have recently applied for my citizenship. Now with this huge deluge of immigrants, especially from the desi consulting companies, I feel that my quality of life is getting adversely impacted. Do not rush to conclusions that I am anti Indian or anti immigrant. 12 years back when I first got my H1 visa, the requirements to qualify were strict. Staffing companies to a decent extent followed rules and tried to get the best and the brightest. Once the dot com boom started, people from all walks of life entered IT. This was true of not just the Indians but also of people in the US. Soon after the bust, the value proposition from these staffing companies was simply low cost. This is not to blame the staffing companies. They behaved in an economically rational way.
Consider this scenario. If you run a consulting company, wouldn't you try to maximize your profits by staffing people in projects at the least cost ? This is econmically rational. You wouldn't worry much about the quality of the deliverables and all you would care is to dump as many bodies as possible at the client site or offshore and get the maximum bang for the buck.
In this scenario, how is it feasible to expect immigrational justice when the bodies themselves dont provide exceptional talent and skills but simply offer low cost ? Now you would be tempted to bring in the analogous case of illegal low skilled immigrants. Remember they are just that - low skilled workers. They dont "steal" the jobs of high skilled workers. But this dumping of IT workforce has completely brought down the standard of living of the IT workers here. To be honest, those who get green cards today would feel the same way five years from now when the next wave of so called "skilled IT immigrants" offer even lower wages and destroy the quality of life.
In summary, this retrogression is good in a way. The truly best and the brightest would still be employed until their turn for adjournment comes in. Only the weak are currently scared of the delays. I went through the same torrid GC phase after the tech meltdown in 2001. I was not worried of my job then but many people whom I knew got clobbered and were forced to leave. This is the darwinian flush and it will take its toll. Trust me this the bitter truth. If you people still consider that all the people on H1/L1 are part of the best and the brightest, they are WRONG. Only a small % (probably 20%) are the true best and the brightest and a good 50% will be flushed out. Sorry to say this and hey give me the red dots.
To be honest, I do agree that the US needs qualified people with skillsets. The real question is "Are the people from the desi consulting companies the real qualified lot ? " Just to get my background details out of the way. I am a new member, from India ofcourse, and I have recently applied for my citizenship. Now with this huge deluge of immigrants, especially from the desi consulting companies, I feel that my quality of life is getting adversely impacted. Do not rush to conclusions that I am anti Indian or anti immigrant. 12 years back when I first got my H1 visa, the requirements to qualify were strict. Staffing companies to a decent extent followed rules and tried to get the best and the brightest. Once the dot com boom started, people from all walks of life entered IT. This was true of not just the Indians but also of people in the US. Soon after the bust, the value proposition from these staffing companies was simply low cost. This is not to blame the staffing companies. They behaved in an economically rational way.
Consider this scenario. If you run a consulting company, wouldn't you try to maximize your profits by staffing people in projects at the least cost ? This is econmically rational. You wouldn't worry much about the quality of the deliverables and all you would care is to dump as many bodies as possible at the client site or offshore and get the maximum bang for the buck.
In this scenario, how is it feasible to expect immigrational justice when the bodies themselves dont provide exceptional talent and skills but simply offer low cost ? Now you would be tempted to bring in the analogous case of illegal low skilled immigrants. Remember they are just that - low skilled workers. They dont "steal" the jobs of high skilled workers. But this dumping of IT workforce has completely brought down the standard of living of the IT workers here. To be honest, those who get green cards today would feel the same way five years from now when the next wave of so called "skilled IT immigrants" offer even lower wages and destroy the quality of life.
In summary, this retrogression is good in a way. The truly best and the brightest would still be employed until their turn for adjournment comes in. Only the weak are currently scared of the delays. I went through the same torrid GC phase after the tech meltdown in 2001. I was not worried of my job then but many people whom I knew got clobbered and were forced to leave. This is the darwinian flush and it will take its toll. Trust me this the bitter truth. If you people still consider that all the people on H1/L1 are part of the best and the brightest, they are WRONG. Only a small % (probably 20%) are the true best and the brightest and a good 50% will be flushed out. Sorry to say this and hey give me the red dots.
wallpaper lady gaga without makeup and
kaisersose
02-13 01:20 PM
WDude, Googler, I am not against removing per country limits. But we need to have a cool head, think straight, objective and use facts. I just think it will be next to impossible to change the INA to remove those quotas so it's better to concentrate efforts on 1) visa recapture; 2) EB quota increase. Visas were lost mostly because of NC issue.
I think visa recapture is the most likely bet. There is really no reason why anyone would think twice about it.
EB Quota increase is next to impossible. The word "increase" will have many people tune out which will also affect any bundled propositions. One way to avoid this problem is to avoid using the word "increase"; by asking to not count family numbers in the EB quota or to count them in the FB quota. That will result in a huge increase in EB Quota without directly calling it quota increase.
The other provision of allowing 485 applications without current PDs is a bad idea in my opinion. Anyone who enters the country will be eligible for AC21 in 8 months which is about 80% of a GC. Such a provision will result in huge abuse like the L visa and/or Labor substitution.
I think visa recapture is the most likely bet. There is really no reason why anyone would think twice about it.
EB Quota increase is next to impossible. The word "increase" will have many people tune out which will also affect any bundled propositions. One way to avoid this problem is to avoid using the word "increase"; by asking to not count family numbers in the EB quota or to count them in the FB quota. That will result in a huge increase in EB Quota without directly calling it quota increase.
The other provision of allowing 485 applications without current PDs is a bad idea in my opinion. Anyone who enters the country will be eligible for AC21 in 8 months which is about 80% of a GC. Such a provision will result in huge abuse like the L visa and/or Labor substitution.
GCBoy786
09-27 11:21 AM
I feel that this will be an excellent idea. Atleast some people will be eliminated from the queue. I believe there are lot of people waiting for their GC to buy a home. It will also benefit them.
I sent the emails to some of the senators in the list.
I sent the emails to some of the senators in the list.
2011 Torture-testing the wig grip !

shruthi07
01-27 01:00 PM
Saralayar,
You are right.
Cases Not Allowed for I-140 Premium Processing -
1. EB1 (Extraordinary Ability and Multinational Executive or Transferee)
2. EB2 (National Interest Waiver)
HTH
Shruthi07
You are right.
Cases Not Allowed for I-140 Premium Processing -
1. EB1 (Extraordinary Ability and Multinational Executive or Transferee)
2. EB2 (National Interest Waiver)
HTH
Shruthi07
more...
manderson
02-15 12:20 PM
Type "retrogression" in Google search bar - when the results page shows up, look at the right hand side, there under the Sponsored Links you will see IV advertisement and link.
Looks pretty cool. GO IV!
when did you check?
Looks pretty cool. GO IV!
when did you check?
poorslumdog
08-19 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by vinzen
sorry, I love preaching.
by the way I was referring to "the guy who thinks americans think he is a slumdog...." not you or everyone. But then again you think that I think that you lead a life lower than average. If you think you agreed with me, instead of calling it obvious being defensive and, just agree with me. OK? And get that chip off your shoulder as well.
well i think we have solved all our immigration issues, i waish if we all concetrate our efforts on solving our issue, if we all try we have chances of succeeding ...if am surprised that we all are stuck in backlog and only 2-3 % take participate in real issues...not sure what is rest of us waiting for?
I am sure both the ids are same person...:D
sorry, I love preaching.
by the way I was referring to "the guy who thinks americans think he is a slumdog...." not you or everyone. But then again you think that I think that you lead a life lower than average. If you think you agreed with me, instead of calling it obvious being defensive and, just agree with me. OK? And get that chip off your shoulder as well.
well i think we have solved all our immigration issues, i waish if we all concetrate our efforts on solving our issue, if we all try we have chances of succeeding ...if am surprised that we all are stuck in backlog and only 2-3 % take participate in real issues...not sure what is rest of us waiting for?
I am sure both the ids are same person...:D
more...
mallu
02-15 06:38 PM
probably true but because most of them are on H4 which means someone else in their family is H1.
I don't know what % of that group consists of H4 spouse of H1 folks. But i believe a good percentage of those applied through the TOEFL,GRE route.
I don't know what % of that group consists of H4 spouse of H1 folks. But i believe a good percentage of those applied through the TOEFL,GRE route.
2010 Lady Gaga decided to let

tikka
07-03 11:28 PM
Totally agree!
Digg is about how fast the story becomes popular.. even though we had large number of diggs with previous stories, it wasnt fast enough.
Lets all digg this...NOW! FAST!
PLEASE HURRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://digg.com/politics/USCIS_Visa_scandal
http://digg.com/politics/Rep_Lofgren_Issues_Statement_on_Updated_Visa_Bulle tin
http://digg.com/politics/U_S_Withdraws_Offer_of_60_000_Job_Based_Visas_Ange ring_Immigration_Lawyer/who
Digg is about how fast the story becomes popular.. even though we had large number of diggs with previous stories, it wasnt fast enough.
Lets all digg this...NOW! FAST!
PLEASE HURRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://digg.com/politics/USCIS_Visa_scandal
http://digg.com/politics/Rep_Lofgren_Issues_Statement_on_Updated_Visa_Bulle tin
http://digg.com/politics/U_S_Withdraws_Offer_of_60_000_Job_Based_Visas_Ange ring_Immigration_Lawyer/who
more...
Munna Bhai
02-15 11:49 AM
Bestia,
First thanks 4 your advice. We'll send 2 separate cheques, one 4 me and one 4 my husband.Is this what U meant when suggesting 2 send "my own cheque"?
Why do U say I have good chance to have my AOS adjudecated? I really needed to hear that. Can U be more specific? Any idea/guess how long could it take to get GC?
About EAD. I 'm on H4, not working yet, that's why I am eager to get EAD. Do U think that there is no chance to get it within the 90 days? My husband is on H1B an he has I40 already approved. He won't leave his job that's for sure.
What "IV" stands for? Where can I found more about it?
Follow what Bestia says. What Bestia meant is that, you should send your personnal cheques so that you can track it. Yes, there are good chances of AOS approval because that is normal thing, unless you are out-of-status or if your employer is in black list. No one knows how long it will take to get a GC but do look for other options like EAD etc.
Hope this helps. Ask as many questions as you have, we will do our best to answer.
First thanks 4 your advice. We'll send 2 separate cheques, one 4 me and one 4 my husband.Is this what U meant when suggesting 2 send "my own cheque"?
Why do U say I have good chance to have my AOS adjudecated? I really needed to hear that. Can U be more specific? Any idea/guess how long could it take to get GC?
About EAD. I 'm on H4, not working yet, that's why I am eager to get EAD. Do U think that there is no chance to get it within the 90 days? My husband is on H1B an he has I40 already approved. He won't leave his job that's for sure.
What "IV" stands for? Where can I found more about it?
Follow what Bestia says. What Bestia meant is that, you should send your personnal cheques so that you can track it. Yes, there are good chances of AOS approval because that is normal thing, unless you are out-of-status or if your employer is in black list. No one knows how long it will take to get a GC but do look for other options like EAD etc.
Hope this helps. Ask as many questions as you have, we will do our best to answer.
hair lady gaga without makeup
thomachan72
03-27 11:55 AM
Election in India is approaching fast. Who will be next prime minister of India.
(This is better than doing predictions for visa bulletins :)).
You really think so?? The next PMs name is not even on your poll lists!!
India and Russia have set examples to the rest of the world. How? well...
Russia- by showing how communism can be at its worst
India- by happily showing how democracy can be at its... you guessed it, "worst"
Dont agree?? True Democracy, implies "for the people and by the people", right?
well in India its a tiny bit different...."For the thugs and by the thugs" Now the word thugs vary in meaning depending upon the citizen affected... for some it might simply mean "currupt" for others "looters", for some others "dishonest" and for a unfortunate majority it goes to the extent of "murderers".
Now.....still interested in wasting time with the projections for Indian PM??
(This is better than doing predictions for visa bulletins :)).
You really think so?? The next PMs name is not even on your poll lists!!
India and Russia have set examples to the rest of the world. How? well...
Russia- by showing how communism can be at its worst
India- by happily showing how democracy can be at its... you guessed it, "worst"
Dont agree?? True Democracy, implies "for the people and by the people", right?
well in India its a tiny bit different...."For the thugs and by the thugs" Now the word thugs vary in meaning depending upon the citizen affected... for some it might simply mean "currupt" for others "looters", for some others "dishonest" and for a unfortunate majority it goes to the extent of "murderers".
Now.....still interested in wasting time with the projections for Indian PM??
more...
Macaca
06-28 08:24 PM
As per Macaca's logic, pre Oct 2005 PDs will take up all the numbers available for EB2 Indai for 2007, in June and July.
Not all numbers for 2007. Only numbers that were left before June 1st.
How many numbers are for EB-2 (India)? I think 2800.
Not all numbers for 2007. Only numbers that were left before June 1st.
How many numbers are for EB-2 (India)? I think 2800.
hot wallpaper Lady+gaga+no+makeup
shreekarthik
06-22 09:23 AM
so where can I get labor for sale ?
more...
house lady gaga no makeup or wig

Mani
07-29 04:02 PM
Do CP applicants go through Name checks and back ground checking ? If yes, why is it faster ?
tattoo pictures lady gaga without
dallasdude
05-29 01:35 PM
For all those who are stating that filing in EB1 should not matter, please withdraw your application and let other people in line move ahead. Give me 1 simple reason, why should we not raise this issue. In hindi, there s an old saying "boondh boond karge ghara bartha hain"....
I will request all of you to send letters to USCIS to raise this issue and lets have a close scrutiny of all EB1 applicants received/filed....I understand that this is not the solution but i am pi***** at people using loopholes all the time.....
Don't those knuckle heads infiltrate other countries in the world too? This is ridiculous. What a frickin mess we got here!
I will request all of you to send letters to USCIS to raise this issue and lets have a close scrutiny of all EB1 applicants received/filed....I understand that this is not the solution but i am pi***** at people using loopholes all the time.....
Don't those knuckle heads infiltrate other countries in the world too? This is ridiculous. What a frickin mess we got here!
more...
pictures lady gaga without makeup and wig pictures. +gaga+without+makeup+and+
dvb123
02-16 02:22 PM
I think this discussion is enough. The ratio of persons wanting to file a case agains't USCIS is more than 85% . The poll never reduced to less than 85% even after a lot of members were added at different intervals.
We need plaintiffs. People who have been working for fortune 500 companies or govt organisations or non profit organisations or university research or commercial research organisations will be the best fit because they will have a clean immigration history? I think we need a seperate thread for plaintiffs or a seperate group. What do u guys say? Somebody can also contact AILA also about plaintiffs. We may need to start a seperate thread or seperate yahoo group for plaintiffs.
We need plaintiffs. People who have been working for fortune 500 companies or govt organisations or non profit organisations or university research or commercial research organisations will be the best fit because they will have a clean immigration history? I think we need a seperate thread for plaintiffs or a seperate group. What do u guys say? Somebody can also contact AILA also about plaintiffs. We may need to start a seperate thread or seperate yahoo group for plaintiffs.
dresses 2010 lady gaga without makeup
msp1976
02-20 11:35 AM
Three years later I decided I missed USA (note: Canada isn't much different but I still missed the "system" and the rush of working in the big economy with the biggest companies. I came back and stuck in greencard process now for many years.
My conclusion is that I made a mistake of going back and should have stayed the first time around. Something for everyoen to consider going back to other countries or back home.
I keep thinking about going back and your inputs are valuable in this regard...
But in my case I could think of a few more factors...
1. Back home the economy is sizzling...(Don't know how long that would last)..
2. My friends who chose to stay in India/left for India in 2/3 years have a greater net worth than I have...(through stock market/real estate appreciation..) again do not know how long/whether this would last..
3. I am really at my wit's end as far as work is concerned...The stagnation is killing me...I am in this place for last 7 years....
My conclusion is that I made a mistake of going back and should have stayed the first time around. Something for everyoen to consider going back to other countries or back home.
I keep thinking about going back and your inputs are valuable in this regard...
But in my case I could think of a few more factors...
1. Back home the economy is sizzling...(Don't know how long that would last)..
2. My friends who chose to stay in India/left for India in 2/3 years have a greater net worth than I have...(through stock market/real estate appreciation..) again do not know how long/whether this would last..
3. I am really at my wit's end as far as work is concerned...The stagnation is killing me...I am in this place for last 7 years....
more...
makeup without makeup Lady

amitjoey
01-13 11:56 AM
Do not overanalyze any bill- All these bills are mere drafts until they come on floor for debate, and even after that they go thru amendments, rewriting, and the final bill comes out in most cases to be very different from the original. Even after the bill is passed in both houses, the committees that are responsible in reconciling the bill will tweak it and fine tune it.
This means that even good provisions can be deleted at any time during the debate, thru an amendment lobbied by the antis- if the EB Community is not vigilant.
To give you an insight: In Dec 2005, there was a line item in a bill that would have recaptured visas for EB applicants, the bill was passed � and at the last minute this provision was deleted.
IF you read through the provisions and the paper that IV created for lobby days in July 2010- Each one of the provisions and the underlying text that IV is asking for has been written with clear understanding of the issues EB applicants face- It is written in a way that if incorporated in any of the bills as an amendment- will give fair and balanced numbers to all categories -EB3, EB2.
So, regardless of which bill (Immigrant friendly) comes on the floor- IV will lobby to have this package included as an amendment. Or IV will lobby to get this inserted into the main bill.
So- Please, do not get worked up about EB3 vs EB2. OR India vs China vs World
The real work is to be vigilant about what bill has the chance to come on the floor and then lobby to get the amendments included.
There are bigger issues for our community- Not one immigrant friendly bill has come up for debate in the last 4 years (exception is the dream act). And here the IV Community is debating and fighting about provisions about one of 100 bills that might never see a chance on the floor.
The big battle is to advocate and lobby at grassroots to get a bill to come on the floor- persuade lawmakers to be cosponsors for a bill that will help us, and then when the bill is up for debate, we can talk about what we should include as amendments or insert in the main bill to make it fair for everybody.
This means that even good provisions can be deleted at any time during the debate, thru an amendment lobbied by the antis- if the EB Community is not vigilant.
To give you an insight: In Dec 2005, there was a line item in a bill that would have recaptured visas for EB applicants, the bill was passed � and at the last minute this provision was deleted.
IF you read through the provisions and the paper that IV created for lobby days in July 2010- Each one of the provisions and the underlying text that IV is asking for has been written with clear understanding of the issues EB applicants face- It is written in a way that if incorporated in any of the bills as an amendment- will give fair and balanced numbers to all categories -EB3, EB2.
So, regardless of which bill (Immigrant friendly) comes on the floor- IV will lobby to have this package included as an amendment. Or IV will lobby to get this inserted into the main bill.
So- Please, do not get worked up about EB3 vs EB2. OR India vs China vs World
The real work is to be vigilant about what bill has the chance to come on the floor and then lobby to get the amendments included.
There are bigger issues for our community- Not one immigrant friendly bill has come up for debate in the last 4 years (exception is the dream act). And here the IV Community is debating and fighting about provisions about one of 100 bills that might never see a chance on the floor.
The big battle is to advocate and lobby at grassroots to get a bill to come on the floor- persuade lawmakers to be cosponsors for a bill that will help us, and then when the bill is up for debate, we can talk about what we should include as amendments or insert in the main bill to make it fair for everybody.
girlfriend lady gaga without makeup or
GCJinx
03-19 04:52 PM
It is easy. www.cic.gc.ca
BTW, the job situation is not great there. Others can input too
BTW, the job situation is not great there. Others can input too
hairstyles lady gaga without makeup
kaisersose
02-13 01:20 PM
WDude, Googler, I am not against removing per country limits. But we need to have a cool head, think straight, objective and use facts. I just think it will be next to impossible to change the INA to remove those quotas so it's better to concentrate efforts on 1) visa recapture; 2) EB quota increase. Visas were lost mostly because of NC issue.
I think visa recapture is the most likely bet. There is really no reason why anyone would think twice about it.
EB Quota increase is next to impossible. The word "increase" will have many people tune out which will also affect any bundled propositions. One way to avoid this problem is to avoid using the word "increase"; by asking to not count family numbers in the EB quota or to count them in the FB quota. That will result in a huge increase in EB Quota without directly calling it quota increase.
The other provision of allowing 485 applications without current PDs is a bad idea in my opinion. Anyone who enters the country will be eligible for AC21 in 8 months which is about 80% of a GC. Such a provision will result in huge abuse like the L visa and/or Labor substitution.
I think visa recapture is the most likely bet. There is really no reason why anyone would think twice about it.
EB Quota increase is next to impossible. The word "increase" will have many people tune out which will also affect any bundled propositions. One way to avoid this problem is to avoid using the word "increase"; by asking to not count family numbers in the EB quota or to count them in the FB quota. That will result in a huge increase in EB Quota without directly calling it quota increase.
The other provision of allowing 485 applications without current PDs is a bad idea in my opinion. Anyone who enters the country will be eligible for AC21 in 8 months which is about 80% of a GC. Such a provision will result in huge abuse like the L visa and/or Labor substitution.
Macaca
06-27 11:03 AM
From pages 36-37 of CIS Ombudsman's 2007 Annual Report to Congress (http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/CISOMB_Annual%20Report_2007.pdf).
In the 2006 Annual Report (at p. 16, AR 2006 -- 02), the Ombudsman also recommended that USCIS assign visa numbers to employment-based green card applications as applicants file them. The Ombudsman continues to recommend that USCIS work with DOS to reinstate that process which existed in the early 1980s, wherein DOS issued visa numbers for both employment and family-based applications for applicants as they applied rather than as they were approved. This process would ensure that USCIS does not accept more applications than the number of visas available.
With respect to the recommendation that USCIS assign visa numbers to cases as they are received, the process the Ombudsman describes was the process in place a number of years ago. DOS, which manages overall visa number allocations, modified that process to the procedure in effect today. It is their policy to allocate visa numbers to USCIS adjustment cases only as the point of approval is reached.
However, through the tri-agency meetings, DOS explained that the modification to the program occurred in the early 1980s because INS could not adhere to the requirements to return unused visa numbers immediately. The Ombudsman understands that DOS prefers that cases are reported qualified for a visa earlier than at approval. In the last several months, there have been several suggestions on how to accomplish that task, but operational concerns remain. The Ombudsman hopes that USCIS and DOS can reestablish the older program with improved processing and technology to ensure timely and accurate reporting of cases ready-to-issue and to prevent the future loss of visa numbers.
In the 2006 Annual Report (at p. 16, AR 2006 -- 02), the Ombudsman also recommended that USCIS assign visa numbers to employment-based green card applications as applicants file them. The Ombudsman continues to recommend that USCIS work with DOS to reinstate that process which existed in the early 1980s, wherein DOS issued visa numbers for both employment and family-based applications for applicants as they applied rather than as they were approved. This process would ensure that USCIS does not accept more applications than the number of visas available.
With respect to the recommendation that USCIS assign visa numbers to cases as they are received, the process the Ombudsman describes was the process in place a number of years ago. DOS, which manages overall visa number allocations, modified that process to the procedure in effect today. It is their policy to allocate visa numbers to USCIS adjustment cases only as the point of approval is reached.
However, through the tri-agency meetings, DOS explained that the modification to the program occurred in the early 1980s because INS could not adhere to the requirements to return unused visa numbers immediately. The Ombudsman understands that DOS prefers that cases are reported qualified for a visa earlier than at approval. In the last several months, there have been several suggestions on how to accomplish that task, but operational concerns remain. The Ombudsman hopes that USCIS and DOS can reestablish the older program with improved processing and technology to ensure timely and accurate reporting of cases ready-to-issue and to prevent the future loss of visa numbers.
indio0617
05-11 10:04 AM
nozerd:
I just sent you a PM. Can you check ?
I just sent you a PM. Can you check ?
No comments:
Post a Comment