sriramkalyan
01-13 07:55 PM
My take is BODY SHOPPING is killed.
H1Bs can work at direct employer or as an employee of direct vendor at off site.
No more small consulting firms sending resumes to direct vendors. May be in long term its good for H1Bs.
Mostly Desi consulting firms will get hit. Outsourcing companies like TCS,Infosys are direct vendors to big clients. They will OK ..
H1Bs can work at direct employer or as an employee of direct vendor at off site.
No more small consulting firms sending resumes to direct vendors. May be in long term its good for H1Bs.
Mostly Desi consulting firms will get hit. Outsourcing companies like TCS,Infosys are direct vendors to big clients. They will OK ..
wallpaper the Houston Astros pitches
gc4me
02-13 02:08 PM
That was an example only. A country can use max 7% of total visa. And if you see the EB visa allocation, other than India, China the 3rd largest Visa was taken by Korea (about 4K, don't remember exactly) and the fourth country only used around 1200, all other countries used with in 100s only. So if a country (example Malaysia) uses only 200 Visa and if it had 500 applicant, why 300 people from Malaysia was retrogressed.
There is no such thing as EB3 Nepal, which I'm sure you know. In EB3 ROW, this includes everyone else. I'm sure there are some significant numbers from the UK, Germany, Australian (although they might be separate under E3... not sure), Japan, Tawian.... etc etc the list goes on.
EB3 ROW doesn't just mean those from tiny countries with tiny populations
There is no such thing as EB3 Nepal, which I'm sure you know. In EB3 ROW, this includes everyone else. I'm sure there are some significant numbers from the UK, Germany, Australian (although they might be separate under E3... not sure), Japan, Tawian.... etc etc the list goes on.
EB3 ROW doesn't just mean those from tiny countries with tiny populations
sunty
02-13 07:23 PM
Hi,
I like the idea but I believe at this time it is crucial to continue participation in the letter campaign. If we do not get success through it, I will be glad to participate in the lawsuit. Also, like me, at that time there might be hundreds of people willing to be a part.
Same here...I did vote yes for the lawsuit but let's wait a little for Admin fixes or the scaled down CIR version (if it happens).
I like the idea but I believe at this time it is crucial to continue participation in the letter campaign. If we do not get success through it, I will be glad to participate in the lawsuit. Also, like me, at that time there might be hundreds of people willing to be a part.
Same here...I did vote yes for the lawsuit but let's wait a little for Admin fixes or the scaled down CIR version (if it happens).
2011 dresses 2010 houston astros
TeddyKoochu
07-22 12:21 PM
Smile - I can prove this is a relevant topic ..how..
Some of these jokers (Quikstar..Amway) have filed GC in EB2 and Eb3 which is illegal, someday states Like Arizona will declare that anyone looking like us should be checked for Amway membership and deported
Profiling is an issue and because of some jokers we all may have to go thru scrutiny.
We should ask USCIS to check all GC applicants name in Amway database and if found USCIS needs to send them to Mexico (because illegal)..
We should write to senators... your opinion on this? ( this way Indiancommunity can be clean and fight for legal hardworking people in immigration policy)
Folks and friends some really nice knowledge sharing is happening here it’s a good discussion. The OP here is a completely fake person and is enjoying at our expense, he has nothing to do with legal immigration just getting pleasure here by instigating us.
Some of these jokers (Quikstar..Amway) have filed GC in EB2 and Eb3 which is illegal, someday states Like Arizona will declare that anyone looking like us should be checked for Amway membership and deported
Profiling is an issue and because of some jokers we all may have to go thru scrutiny.
We should ask USCIS to check all GC applicants name in Amway database and if found USCIS needs to send them to Mexico (because illegal)..
We should write to senators... your opinion on this? ( this way Indiancommunity can be clean and fight for legal hardworking people in immigration policy)
Folks and friends some really nice knowledge sharing is happening here it’s a good discussion. The OP here is a completely fake person and is enjoying at our expense, he has nothing to do with legal immigration just getting pleasure here by instigating us.
more...
snram4
01-16 01:31 PM
Accepting regulations does not mean to prevent Indians to come here. I can tell many examples. There are many bodyshoppers get h1B and make the persons to sit on bench in India or USA. I know some persons come here 1 year after getting h1b. But many reputed companies those who are real need of people could not get H1b as Cap was reduced. Putting restrictions on on bodyshoppers will improve H1b usage and wastage can be eliminated. And will make h1b program legitimate.
Wow so ungrateful.
You make hole in the same vessel you eat.
You came to this country only because of a desi bodyshopper. Otherwise with your qualifications you cannot even dream of coming to USA on your own.
Unless you are IIT or IIM.. or some top engineering college, it is highly difficult for someone to come to USA on H1B and take a permanent job. The other route is to come for studies.
So after coming here by showing your desperation to earn dollars with an NIIT diploma or some shady donation college degree you came via a body shopper. You made a choice in life fully knowing what you are doing. Now you left your bodyshopper and want to hurt him and feel happy for the rule because you do not want others like you to come to US of A via bodyshoppers.
You know why? Because you do not want other Indians to come behind you and compete with you for jobs.
Learn to live and let live. Din't they teach you in India as an Indian value. Good luck with your greencard.
Wow so ungrateful.
You make hole in the same vessel you eat.
You came to this country only because of a desi bodyshopper. Otherwise with your qualifications you cannot even dream of coming to USA on your own.
Unless you are IIT or IIM.. or some top engineering college, it is highly difficult for someone to come to USA on H1B and take a permanent job. The other route is to come for studies.
So after coming here by showing your desperation to earn dollars with an NIIT diploma or some shady donation college degree you came via a body shopper. You made a choice in life fully knowing what you are doing. Now you left your bodyshopper and want to hurt him and feel happy for the rule because you do not want others like you to come to US of A via bodyshoppers.
You know why? Because you do not want other Indians to come behind you and compete with you for jobs.
Learn to live and let live. Din't they teach you in India as an Indian value. Good luck with your greencard.
jthomas
05-29 02:57 PM
Folks, we all agree the news delivered is not good. One good way to work en mass is to send complaints in thousands to the Ombudsman. For more details google for CIS Ombudsman.
Further, if any one is considering to get back home, keep in mind that if you don't contribute to SSA for 10 yrs, your and your employers' contributions are simply lost (with some exceptions for countries with which US has an agreement). To collect SSA at 65 for India/China citizens you need not to be a GC holder. You can collect living in your country. If you are close to 10 yrs, just reach that mark before you make any decisions.
Do you have more info on how to collect SSA after completing 10 years of job in US. It would be helpful. please post the link.
Further, if any one is considering to get back home, keep in mind that if you don't contribute to SSA for 10 yrs, your and your employers' contributions are simply lost (with some exceptions for countries with which US has an agreement). To collect SSA at 65 for India/China citizens you need not to be a GC holder. You can collect living in your country. If you are close to 10 yrs, just reach that mark before you make any decisions.
Do you have more info on how to collect SSA after completing 10 years of job in US. It would be helpful. please post the link.
more...
sac-r-ten
07-21 12:17 PM
Did it for 4 years and quit in 2007... lost 20K and 95% of my friends...
Quixtar is not bad but the people running sub-businesses (such as BWW etc) by pushing tapes and books on you make it HELL
Stay Away unless you are willing to lose a lot to gain a few!!
PEACE
got into it, pulled off 3 weeks later. they refunded my investment w/o any issue. but yes never lost that persons contact who got friendly with me for this and we remain good family friends. so there are exceptions.
Quixtar is not bad but the people running sub-businesses (such as BWW etc) by pushing tapes and books on you make it HELL
Stay Away unless you are willing to lose a lot to gain a few!!
PEACE
got into it, pulled off 3 weeks later. they refunded my investment w/o any issue. but yes never lost that persons contact who got friendly with me for this and we remain good family friends. so there are exceptions.
2010 Houston Astros - 1986 All-Star
JazzByTheBay
05-04 02:41 AM
This discussion is way off topic for this forum.
A nation has responsibility (to the extent possible in case of those not residing within its borders) for protecting its citizens.
Once you give up the citizenship of your country of origin, your allegiance, and therefore the expectation of "protection", should be towards and from the country of your citizenship, not from a "foreign government".
jazz
Tomorrow if we or our generations are getting killed in the US, would you say the same thing. Now do you understand why the country needs to care about its people no matter where they are.
A nation has responsibility (to the extent possible in case of those not residing within its borders) for protecting its citizens.
Once you give up the citizenship of your country of origin, your allegiance, and therefore the expectation of "protection", should be towards and from the country of your citizenship, not from a "foreign government".
jazz
Tomorrow if we or our generations are getting killed in the US, would you say the same thing. Now do you understand why the country needs to care about its people no matter where they are.
more...
nandakumar
05-11 02:49 PM
I completely agree with you.
Few of the most trusted allies for India in the region are Tamils from Sri Lanka and Baluch people from Pakistan but this present UPA govt ditched both of them.
As a Tamil, I too carry the Indian passport with shame and can't wait to see the day when I become a US citizen.
I am watching this thread last 36 hours, this is not media to discuss political issues, we are here to educate/lobby so called law makers of this country for our immigration issues.
STILL BEING TAMILIAN, I HAVE RIGHTS TO SAY MY THOUGHTS
Tamils in SL is not Indian citizen but they migrated long back still have culture,family relation in India. Rajive got assassinated because he is trying to implement unpopular/unacceptable foreign policy in SL simply by trusting his popularity (he deserved for his mistake) One Sikh killed Indira but we accept another Sikh as our PM. It is Indian gov. lobbied efforts to ban LTTE by western country. they are well organized, disciplined and high tech group. some people raise another issue, they recruited young children to fight, we all are talking so called democartic India, still encouraging child labor every where in India. Srilanka Government boldy refusing all western country pressure, even United Nation (UN, this is pice of shit in the trash) unable to convience SL gov. because it is backed by Indian gov. or you may called Sonia gov.
Bottom line is Sonia is taking revenge on Tamils by supporting SL gov., after all she is from the country that killed Jesus.
We already denounced India, I am carrying Indian passport with shame.
see the link below,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2McxGpfoUM0&feature=related
Few of the most trusted allies for India in the region are Tamils from Sri Lanka and Baluch people from Pakistan but this present UPA govt ditched both of them.
As a Tamil, I too carry the Indian passport with shame and can't wait to see the day when I become a US citizen.
I am watching this thread last 36 hours, this is not media to discuss political issues, we are here to educate/lobby so called law makers of this country for our immigration issues.
STILL BEING TAMILIAN, I HAVE RIGHTS TO SAY MY THOUGHTS
Tamils in SL is not Indian citizen but they migrated long back still have culture,family relation in India. Rajive got assassinated because he is trying to implement unpopular/unacceptable foreign policy in SL simply by trusting his popularity (he deserved for his mistake) One Sikh killed Indira but we accept another Sikh as our PM. It is Indian gov. lobbied efforts to ban LTTE by western country. they are well organized, disciplined and high tech group. some people raise another issue, they recruited young children to fight, we all are talking so called democartic India, still encouraging child labor every where in India. Srilanka Government boldy refusing all western country pressure, even United Nation (UN, this is pice of shit in the trash) unable to convience SL gov. because it is backed by Indian gov. or you may called Sonia gov.
Bottom line is Sonia is taking revenge on Tamils by supporting SL gov., after all she is from the country that killed Jesus.
We already denounced India, I am carrying Indian passport with shame.
see the link below,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2McxGpfoUM0&feature=related
hair Houston Astros quot;Shooting
NKR
02-19 02:51 PM
NKR, my friend, i'm puzzled, u speak of in-state tuition, visa stamping, life insurance.. how is that different for ROWs from others, we are all the same in that, we are all the same being skilled immigrants all of us, when i complain that someone says indians and chinese are here in larger numbers because they are best and brightest and ask them to be sensitive it doesn't mean that we all suffer the same hardships.. when i state the fact that bodyshops contributed to the longer lines for some countries i don't say i'm indifferent to your suffering, but i also say it can't be fixed by making another group suffer
peace..
You have to look at the context in which my comments were made. Somebody said that H4 spouses go to college and pay instate fees but they have to pay international fees. I never said that ROW people do not have any of those problems but it just that we have to endure that for some more years. Having said that, I reiterate that I want my GC fast but not at the expense of ROW people. They do not have to endure a longer wait.
I thought this thread was given a decent burial, I could trust only you to bring this thread back to life with your hidden agenda of driving a wedge between Indians/Chinese and ROW.
peace..
You have to look at the context in which my comments were made. Somebody said that H4 spouses go to college and pay instate fees but they have to pay international fees. I never said that ROW people do not have any of those problems but it just that we have to endure that for some more years. Having said that, I reiterate that I want my GC fast but not at the expense of ROW people. They do not have to endure a longer wait.
I thought this thread was given a decent burial, I could trust only you to bring this thread back to life with your hidden agenda of driving a wedge between Indians/Chinese and ROW.
more...
WaitingForMyGC
07-11 03:22 PM
I have already booked my one way tickets back to India for this December. If my priority does'nt become current by than, I am done here.
hot This Houston Astros fitted
shukla77
06-11 10:07 AM
Agree 100%.
very good points.
this is what we do till infinity ...discuss discuss discuss.
open more threads, discuss discuss discuss.
end.
we discuss more than the congress.
let us come with small numerous campaigns to highlight the contributions of legal immigrants..atleast that will prevent people from getting bored
very good points.
this is what we do till infinity ...discuss discuss discuss.
open more threads, discuss discuss discuss.
end.
we discuss more than the congress.
let us come with small numerous campaigns to highlight the contributions of legal immigrants..atleast that will prevent people from getting bored
more...
house pictures houston astros star
GCnew
02-13 06:04 PM
Count me in. I am willing to contribute for the lawyer's fee and if we go forward with the lawsuit, I am willing to share the cost.
So I haven't supported any initiative because I don't think anything other than fear of a lawsuit will trigger a change.
So I haven't supported any initiative because I don't think anything other than fear of a lawsuit will trigger a change.
tattoo 2010 houston astros star logo.
Dhundhun
08-08 04:57 PM
My kids aged out. Is there any way they can take benefit of my immigration based on my PD? Otherwise, how can they benefit?
My daughter turns 21 in 2003
PD 03/10/2005
My son turns 21 in Apr 2005
I140 filed Oct 2006, approved Sep 2007
I485 Applied in Aug 2007
Thanks in anticipation.
--dhundhun
My daughter turns 21 in 2003
PD 03/10/2005
My son turns 21 in Apr 2005
I140 filed Oct 2006, approved Sep 2007
I485 Applied in Aug 2007
Thanks in anticipation.
--dhundhun
more...
pictures Houston Astros Replica Miguel
krishmunn
06-15 01:17 PM
What is your solution to remove retrogession. Recapture bill may fetch you gc but not for all persons and after 1 or 2 years again backlog will increase to similar level. Permanent solution will be increase annual gc numbers and restrict H1b and L1 based on requirement. You are not going to get unlimited GC numbers any time but L1 numbers are unlimited(about 80k in 2007) and H1b numbers were 125K in 2007. In this situation if there is annual cap retrogession is going to become worse if atleast 50% of H1bs apply for GC every year.
This year numbers were much less due to recession,rfes and denials. But due to 195k H1bs issued upto 2003 Eb3 will not improve for another 2 years.
"H1B numbers were 125K in 2007"
Holly cow ! I always thought H1B cap is set to 65K (except for a few years in early 2000) :-)
The 125K which you mentioned is popularly used by anti-immigrant lobbys to push their argument. It includes all H1B transfers NOT only the fresh H1.
So, if X get his H1 in 2006 and change to a new company in 2007 , you will count X against 2006 as well as 2007 giving a false number. However, if X applies for a GC, it is not 2X applying for GC --- just X .
Recapture bill will help a lot in clearing the backlog. For future EB GC, if the dependents are not counted for immigrant visa, it will be much cleaner. Not all L1 and H1 apply for GC. Mostly the major Indian IT companies DO NOT sponsor GC (and as you know they are the major users of L1).
This year numbers were much less due to recession,rfes and denials. But due to 195k H1bs issued upto 2003 Eb3 will not improve for another 2 years.
"H1B numbers were 125K in 2007"
Holly cow ! I always thought H1B cap is set to 65K (except for a few years in early 2000) :-)
The 125K which you mentioned is popularly used by anti-immigrant lobbys to push their argument. It includes all H1B transfers NOT only the fresh H1.
So, if X get his H1 in 2006 and change to a new company in 2007 , you will count X against 2006 as well as 2007 giving a false number. However, if X applies for a GC, it is not 2X applying for GC --- just X .
Recapture bill will help a lot in clearing the backlog. For future EB GC, if the dependents are not counted for immigrant visa, it will be much cleaner. Not all L1 and H1 apply for GC. Mostly the major Indian IT companies DO NOT sponsor GC (and as you know they are the major users of L1).
dresses Houston Astros Kids Future
samay
08-11 01:02 PM
Please help what's the next step?
My Case info in chronological order:
PD: June 2006
I-140 applied: September 2006
EAD and I-485 applied: July 2007
EAD received: September 2007
I-140 RFE: October 2007
I-140 RFE Replied: October 2007
I-140 Denied: January 2008
I-485 Denied: January 2008
MTR filed: February 2008 (status not known)
EAD renewal filed: June 2008
H1B renewal filed: July 2008 "1st H1B expiring: October 2008"
EAD renewal Denied: August 2008
Working on H1B right now, still have 3 more yrs.
You can file a Motion to reopen. Please contact me if you want further consultation on the same.
My Case info in chronological order:
PD: June 2006
I-140 applied: September 2006
EAD and I-485 applied: July 2007
EAD received: September 2007
I-140 RFE: October 2007
I-140 RFE Replied: October 2007
I-140 Denied: January 2008
I-485 Denied: January 2008
MTR filed: February 2008 (status not known)
EAD renewal filed: June 2008
H1B renewal filed: July 2008 "1st H1B expiring: October 2008"
EAD renewal Denied: August 2008
Working on H1B right now, still have 3 more yrs.
You can file a Motion to reopen. Please contact me if you want further consultation on the same.
more...
makeup houston astros star tattoo. 1980s houston astros uniforms.
engineer
07-08 12:33 AM
1) I am EB3 ROW and my PD is Nov 22, 2005. My I140 is approved and my 485 is filed with Receipt Date of Aug 3, 2007. I have approved AP, EAD and finger printing is complete as well.
Do you know how many EB3 ROW applications are ahead of me ?
I am trying to understand how long it will take me to get Green Card ?
2) What is the process to ask for information related to my case using Freedom of Information Act ?
Thanks,
Do you know how many EB3 ROW applications are ahead of me ?
I am trying to understand how long it will take me to get Green Card ?
2) What is the process to ask for information related to my case using Freedom of Information Act ?
Thanks,
girlfriend Houston Astros MLB Red Tone
bfadlia
02-15 02:22 PM
u r missing my point..
Again you are saying it's a SKILL cap. We can agree business may hire whoever they please but don't pretend that they only hire based on SKILL..
when someone says let business hire the "best and brightest", that's my problem, he implies the best and brightest are concentrated in only two countries so that's what's insane, that's why he won't be taken seriously.
cheers.
Yes skills don't need a cap. If I am a business owner, I have all rights to hire best and brightest in the world. It is my choice whom I hire not Government tells me where to go for hiring. Business may hire from India or Antartica, it should not be anyone's damn concern. Let the free markets work !!! This is insane
Again you are saying it's a SKILL cap. We can agree business may hire whoever they please but don't pretend that they only hire based on SKILL..
when someone says let business hire the "best and brightest", that's my problem, he implies the best and brightest are concentrated in only two countries so that's what's insane, that's why he won't be taken seriously.
cheers.
Yes skills don't need a cap. If I am a business owner, I have all rights to hire best and brightest in the world. It is my choice whom I hire not Government tells me where to go for hiring. Business may hire from India or Antartica, it should not be anyone's damn concern. Let the free markets work !!! This is insane
hairstyles Cheap Houston Astros 2010 MLB
hatighora
01-05 05:00 PM
Why amway cannot sell brand products that you get at walmart and other stores. What is stopping amway from having a partnership with these companies and sell quality products?
roseball
07-10 12:35 PM
Can anyone recommend any good IT consulting companies in Canada?
I need a permanent job offer to qualify for the points but most of the jobs for my skill set are either contract jobs or for relocation to USA. Please help.
Try www.cgi.com.
Its one of the top consulting companies in Canada which hire for full time positions....One of my colleagues moved to Canada last year and got a decent offer from CGI in Toronto.........Keep in mind that salaries in Canada when compared to US are not that great, not to mention high taxes.....But the peace of mind and stress free life is priceless.....
I need a permanent job offer to qualify for the points but most of the jobs for my skill set are either contract jobs or for relocation to USA. Please help.
Try www.cgi.com.
Its one of the top consulting companies in Canada which hire for full time positions....One of my colleagues moved to Canada last year and got a decent offer from CGI in Toronto.........Keep in mind that salaries in Canada when compared to US are not that great, not to mention high taxes.....But the peace of mind and stress free life is priceless.....
Keeme
03-31 03:14 PM
Can I start a new thread asking who will be next president of Zimbabwe?
What a waste of resources.
You should if you belongs to Zimabwe.
I don't know who is real " waste of resources" here ? People who are concerned about their mother country's future or people who call them "waster of resources" !!!
MERA BHARAT MAHAN !
What a waste of resources.
You should if you belongs to Zimabwe.
I don't know who is real " waste of resources" here ? People who are concerned about their mother country's future or people who call them "waster of resources" !!!
MERA BHARAT MAHAN !
No comments:
Post a Comment