andy007
07-03 10:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.wesh.com/money/13616272/detail.html
http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Worl...08500-sun.html
http://www.kswo.com/Global/story.asp?S=6740337
http://www.onelocalnews.com/howellti...news&id=129492
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/2170349.cms
http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Jul...nCards,00.html
Thanks i am looking for CNN also ..
http://www.wesh.com/money/13616272/detail.html
http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Worl...08500-sun.html
http://www.kswo.com/Global/story.asp?S=6740337
http://www.onelocalnews.com/howellti...news&id=129492
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/2170349.cms
http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Jul...nCards,00.html
Thanks i am looking for CNN also ..
wallpaper it, Mr. Tiger Woods.

grupak
12-14 01:13 PM
--Grupak, I wasn't talking about the law here. It was villamonte, I was just requesting him to be polite. The thing I agreed about him was that we cannot call country cap quota as discrimination.
I know, I accidently quoted you instead of villamonte6100. Sorry about that.
I know, I accidently quoted you instead of villamonte6100. Sorry about that.
thomachan72
08-19 08:19 AM
I'm not from India, so you know how non-Indian will look at this issue.
First of all, thanks to IV for helping our cause.
Same as vinzen, that I usually just browse through this kinda topic, but I can't help to reply.
Have several question:
1. How many non-Indian in USA that watch bollywood movie? So, what makes him a high profile in the eyes of Immigration officer (IO)? Do we need to educate all IO to recoqnize all the actors in India, Pakistan, China, Japan, Korea and all others?
I personally never heard of this SRK guy before reading this thread. So how would you guys expect the immigration officer, who's mostlikely non-Indian, would know this guy? I agree with Pappu that says "He is a famous actor to a very very small minority Indian Community in USA".
2. Looking at how he make big deal of this in media. He probably cause this delay by himself. I can imagine the conversation at the immigration office as (copying all the answer from Ryan's earlier comment on what he's asked for when he came here):
IO: Why are you visiting US?
SRK: Do you know that I'm SRK?
IO: Who do you work for?
SRK: I'm SRK, now let me pass.
IO: Where will you live in US?
SRK: I'm SRK
IO: How long have you been in US?
SRK: I'm SRK
IO: Do you have family here?
SRK: I'm SRK
And it goes on and on for 66 mins or 2 hrs until he finally realize that he's a nobody in US.
This is the kinda thread that non-Indian will laugh at. There's lots of non-Indian that goes to this public forum (such as me). Just trying to help IV to not lose credential just because of this sorts of "indian" exclusive thread.
My friend this is the greatest post ever. A real eye opener. But remember that it is through threads like these that you get to see the "real" Indian ideals. I am very sad to say that most of us Indians are screwed up with this idol worship. The conversation between SRK and IO that you put out is exactly true. I know a friend of mine who was waiting in line for the visa interview and ofcourse he is a megalomaniac (world revolves around him). He saw (or imagined) the visa officer talking tough to a women who apparently did not understand english right in front of him and decided he has to be the mesiah (savior). He jumped in and tried to save the women. Ultimately he was denied the visa and ofcourse he later met the women outside who was smiling because she had been granted one. that is why your conversation makes very good sense here. "I am SRK":D:D:D
First of all, thanks to IV for helping our cause.
Same as vinzen, that I usually just browse through this kinda topic, but I can't help to reply.
Have several question:
1. How many non-Indian in USA that watch bollywood movie? So, what makes him a high profile in the eyes of Immigration officer (IO)? Do we need to educate all IO to recoqnize all the actors in India, Pakistan, China, Japan, Korea and all others?
I personally never heard of this SRK guy before reading this thread. So how would you guys expect the immigration officer, who's mostlikely non-Indian, would know this guy? I agree with Pappu that says "He is a famous actor to a very very small minority Indian Community in USA".
2. Looking at how he make big deal of this in media. He probably cause this delay by himself. I can imagine the conversation at the immigration office as (copying all the answer from Ryan's earlier comment on what he's asked for when he came here):
IO: Why are you visiting US?
SRK: Do you know that I'm SRK?
IO: Who do you work for?
SRK: I'm SRK, now let me pass.
IO: Where will you live in US?
SRK: I'm SRK
IO: How long have you been in US?
SRK: I'm SRK
IO: Do you have family here?
SRK: I'm SRK
And it goes on and on for 66 mins or 2 hrs until he finally realize that he's a nobody in US.
This is the kinda thread that non-Indian will laugh at. There's lots of non-Indian that goes to this public forum (such as me). Just trying to help IV to not lose credential just because of this sorts of "indian" exclusive thread.
My friend this is the greatest post ever. A real eye opener. But remember that it is through threads like these that you get to see the "real" Indian ideals. I am very sad to say that most of us Indians are screwed up with this idol worship. The conversation between SRK and IO that you put out is exactly true. I know a friend of mine who was waiting in line for the visa interview and ofcourse he is a megalomaniac (world revolves around him). He saw (or imagined) the visa officer talking tough to a women who apparently did not understand english right in front of him and decided he has to be the mesiah (savior). He jumped in and tried to save the women. Ultimately he was denied the visa and ofcourse he later met the women outside who was smiling because she had been granted one. that is why your conversation makes very good sense here. "I am SRK":D:D:D
2011 Tiger Woods#39; marriage scandal
grupak
12-14 05:05 PM
Simple. If it wasn't for that ceiling the vast majority of the visas will go to applicants from the oversubscribed countries. Now this is not a bad thing if the visas are in unlimited supply. But since that's not the case, the country ceiling ensures that even people from smaller nations will get an equal oportunity to claim a visa before all the visa are grabbed by their BIG brothers and sisters. And what's more what ever is left is given back to the oversubscribed countries.
How can you call that unfair? Is it fair to deprive a person from a smaller country, equal chance to have go at his GC?
Country quota for family based immigration prevents giving any nationality a head start in cornering all the GC for themselves. And country quota to promote diversity makes sense because the basis of GC is family ties.
Employment based GC is based on employer filing for GC. Skilled people can come from all over the globe. The basis is skill. Even without a country quota, a small country with educated and skilled workers are not at any disadvantage compared to a large country with poorly trained workers. So, I do not understand your argument how the BIG countries are going to monopolize employment based GC. No nationality has a birth claim on skill. We are here because of our skills not our nationality.
Let us not repeat the arguments of anti-immigrant restrictionist groups like PG.
How can you call that unfair? Is it fair to deprive a person from a smaller country, equal chance to have go at his GC?
Country quota for family based immigration prevents giving any nationality a head start in cornering all the GC for themselves. And country quota to promote diversity makes sense because the basis of GC is family ties.
Employment based GC is based on employer filing for GC. Skilled people can come from all over the globe. The basis is skill. Even without a country quota, a small country with educated and skilled workers are not at any disadvantage compared to a large country with poorly trained workers. So, I do not understand your argument how the BIG countries are going to monopolize employment based GC. No nationality has a birth claim on skill. We are here because of our skills not our nationality.
Let us not repeat the arguments of anti-immigrant restrictionist groups like PG.
more...
immique
07-17 01:23 AM
I don't agree with your arguement. Spillover can happen in any quarter and you don't need to wait until the last quarter for it to happen. with EB1 and EB2 being current, the spillover into EB2 I and C will start from November/December of 2008 itself
Since no one knows how many of pre 2004 EB2/EB3 are pending for India or ROW, it is very difficult to predict where the PD would be at 2008 november. Whoever feels the numbers less suggests EB2 india PD would move forward, whoever feels the numbers are more suggests it will move slower.
But this is what my assumption is USCIS/DOS would start will less number of Visas for starting of year, let us say 900 for EB2(I) on november 08. There is a possibility that EB3 to EB2 conversion, Missed out old PD cases etc would result in getting EB2 going backwards...This would be the case for first 2 to 3 quarters, even if it moves it would in couple of months.Again based on EB3(ROW) demand next year end EB2(I) may or may not move forward fast.
One thing for sure spill over happens only during the last quarter, be it horizontal or vertical.
But this years move would make some people lucky to get GC even if their PD is in 2006. Again this is all my assumptions..
Since no one knows how many of pre 2004 EB2/EB3 are pending for India or ROW, it is very difficult to predict where the PD would be at 2008 november. Whoever feels the numbers less suggests EB2 india PD would move forward, whoever feels the numbers are more suggests it will move slower.
But this is what my assumption is USCIS/DOS would start will less number of Visas for starting of year, let us say 900 for EB2(I) on november 08. There is a possibility that EB3 to EB2 conversion, Missed out old PD cases etc would result in getting EB2 going backwards...This would be the case for first 2 to 3 quarters, even if it moves it would in couple of months.Again based on EB3(ROW) demand next year end EB2(I) may or may not move forward fast.
One thing for sure spill over happens only during the last quarter, be it horizontal or vertical.
But this years move would make some people lucky to get GC even if their PD is in 2006. Again this is all my assumptions..
Jerrome
05-12 11:20 AM
Please quote these sites where they mention what is happening in Sri Lanka is a "Genocide". What happened during WWII was a genocide of the Jews. The camps where the IDP's are kept are temporary where they are checked to make sure that there are no suicide bombers, terrorists etc. The LTTE is known to hide behind civilians and attack, like they do now from the safe zone. They are preventing the civilians from leaving the safe zone... so in effect the LTTE is committing a genocide of it's own people. If there is a Genocide then you would see it everywhere in the country, which is not happening. Half my family side is Tamil, and live in the south / central and west of the island. They are all fine and have no issues, now you go figure.
Having said that i'm not gonna say that the SL gov is an angel, it has it's bad side and good side. I don't agree with the govt that Independent journalists should be kept away or intimidated, but coming from south asia (or any part of the world for that matter), you won't get any govt that is 100% good.
It looks like your half family does not know what is happening in the camps. Rather these thrown out media reporters know about that in detail.
Oh..I forgot to mention all the people who are talking in this report are LTTE and supporters of LTTE.
http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/politics/international_politics/grim+scenes+at+sri+lankan+camps+/3126257
Having said that i'm not gonna say that the SL gov is an angel, it has it's bad side and good side. I don't agree with the govt that Independent journalists should be kept away or intimidated, but coming from south asia (or any part of the world for that matter), you won't get any govt that is 100% good.
It looks like your half family does not know what is happening in the camps. Rather these thrown out media reporters know about that in detail.
Oh..I forgot to mention all the people who are talking in this report are LTTE and supporters of LTTE.
http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/politics/international_politics/grim+scenes+at+sri+lankan+camps+/3126257
more...

vadicherla
09-04 01:31 PM
Go to your postings in this thread and read what you wrote in "Brain Damage". You wanted to distribute sweets??? How do you feel when YS Jagan grabs what you have in your village? You were supporting them so much, why not advice them to return 10,000 acres of land that he grabbed for Brahmani Steels? Jesus Christ killed YSR, otherwise, they would have grabbed all your village. Be happy, Jesus took him away.
You dont even talk about my village even in your dreams.. Our village is much happier than before 5 years.. Its all becuase of YSR did for our village.
You dont even talk about my village even in your dreams.. Our village is much happier than before 5 years.. Its all becuase of YSR did for our village.
2010 Tiger Woods wins by 15 strokes

Lasantha
10-17 10:12 AM
Hello everyone,
Those of you who had gone thru this process may be able to help me. My 7 year old daughter is a US citizen. If my family applies for Canadian PR, do I have to apply for PR for her also?. I have heard that US citizens do not need any permission to live in Canada. Any insight is appreciated.
Thanks
alexander
Not true. She must be included in the application. US citizens can enter Canada without a visa as a visitor. But to become a PR and live and work up there they need the landed immigrant status (PR) just like everybody else.
And by the way, here is a great forum exclusively for Canadian immigration matters. http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33
You guys will get better help in that forum because this one (ImmigrationVoice) is primarily a US immigration forum.
Lasantha
Those of you who had gone thru this process may be able to help me. My 7 year old daughter is a US citizen. If my family applies for Canadian PR, do I have to apply for PR for her also?. I have heard that US citizens do not need any permission to live in Canada. Any insight is appreciated.
Thanks
alexander
Not true. She must be included in the application. US citizens can enter Canada without a visa as a visitor. But to become a PR and live and work up there they need the landed immigrant status (PR) just like everybody else.
And by the way, here is a great forum exclusively for Canadian immigration matters. http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33
You guys will get better help in that forum because this one (ImmigrationVoice) is primarily a US immigration forum.
Lasantha
more...
hopefulgc
12-13 04:16 PM
whenever a good idea is raised .. we all obey hte dynamics of group behavior and divide ourselves into two parts
FOR and AGAINST the idea..
soon discussion ensues.. and since pessimism is more scary than optimism... and we have other "less viable" alternatives.. the good idea is soon forgotten.
Can we do something different this time and give this great idea the attention it deserves?
FOR and AGAINST the idea..
soon discussion ensues.. and since pessimism is more scary than optimism... and we have other "less viable" alternatives.. the good idea is soon forgotten.
Can we do something different this time and give this great idea the attention it deserves?
hair Tiger Woods – Stack amp; Tilt?
jonty_11
02-15 04:06 PM
Guys, we have other important things at hand. Lets work on letter campaign and making ppl aware of it. There is no point in these discussions, we need to attack the problem at its core.!!!!!
more...
vjkypally
09-23 05:41 PM
Like I said earlier March is the real bottleneck for year 2005. More than 3000 applications.October bulletin has already moved to Jan22'2005. From other tracking sites there are not too many Feb'2005 applications. But we have plenty of March 2005 applicants. Once it crosses March it will zoom ahead to end of 2005.
But it could be September 2010 by the time it comes to March,2005.
But it could be September 2010 by the time it comes to March,2005.
hot 2000 Tiger Woods Swing
samay
07-06 12:03 PM
My LC applied in Feb 2008
LC approved Apr 2008
I-140 Applied May 2008
My 6th yr H1B expires Dec 2008
H1B Maxout Jan 2008
I am short by around 20 days Should i recapture the days by going out of country for 20 days and apply H1B 1yr extension, Will i Qualify for 3 yrs in this case...?
or should i just Apply for I-140 PP in Oct 2008 and 3 yr H1B Extension without worrying about recapturing 20 days.
Hello
In order to qualify for a three year extension one has to have an approved I-140. From the given facts I understand you will be eligible for one year H-1 B extension in February 2008. You can apply for an extension of H-1 B for a recapture of the days you spent outside India. You are not required to get out of US so long as your petition for extension is pending with the USCIS. Alternatively you can apply for premium processing of I-140 (when it commences). The benefit of course will be that you will be able to get a three year extension. You will have to weigh the cost of the PP with the cost of the H-1 B extension.
LC approved Apr 2008
I-140 Applied May 2008
My 6th yr H1B expires Dec 2008
H1B Maxout Jan 2008
I am short by around 20 days Should i recapture the days by going out of country for 20 days and apply H1B 1yr extension, Will i Qualify for 3 yrs in this case...?
or should i just Apply for I-140 PP in Oct 2008 and 3 yr H1B Extension without worrying about recapturing 20 days.
Hello
In order to qualify for a three year extension one has to have an approved I-140. From the given facts I understand you will be eligible for one year H-1 B extension in February 2008. You can apply for an extension of H-1 B for a recapture of the days you spent outside India. You are not required to get out of US so long as your petition for extension is pending with the USCIS. Alternatively you can apply for premium processing of I-140 (when it commences). The benefit of course will be that you will be able to get a three year extension. You will have to weigh the cost of the PP with the cost of the H-1 B extension.
more...
house Tiger Woods once again ended a
vkrishn
07-21 02:38 PM
Wow. Nice to see so many Bay area folks with bad experience. When i moved to Folsom, CA from Arizona in 2005 and knew no one at Folsom, I was in a Indian grocery store buying stuff and this guy comes to me and starts talking to me nicely.. At that point i did not know about this Amway Crap and infact stayed at the same apartment complex where i was staying. he invited me for tea and started talking about how to beocme your own boss etc.. Thats about it. I politely told him i am not interested and unfortuantely i gave him phone number at that time just to keep in touch and with the only reason not to be rude. He Kept on calling me 2-3 times in a week over two weeks and had to literally be very blunt and really rude to stop harassing me! Thats the end of it.
I met a person at Great Mall in the Bay area at Bath and Body works and i did not even give him a sec to start his pleasantires. He had a blank look on his face when i told him that if you are befriending me to join you about Amway, I will go to the Police right now that you are stalking me. He left me immediatly. :)
One of the complaints i have heard from my other friends that if they go to a new place and try to make friends , the locals think of them as related to Amway and was also rightly pointed in this thread.
I met a person at Great Mall in the Bay area at Bath and Body works and i did not even give him a sec to start his pleasantires. He had a blank look on his face when i told him that if you are befriending me to join you about Amway, I will go to the Police right now that you are stalking me. He left me immediatly. :)
One of the complaints i have heard from my other friends that if they go to a new place and try to make friends , the locals think of them as related to Amway and was also rightly pointed in this thread.
tattoo Tiger Woods may have something
tikka
07-03 09:35 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=98755#post98755
Immigration Voice encourages all members to help AILF/AILA's potential lawsuit by joining them as plaintiffs and contribute funds to Immigration Voice. We will actively help AILF or other organizations in this lawsuit to force USCIS/DOS to compensate for :
1. Financial and other damages caused due to manipulation of Visa bulletins out of order.
2. Violation of federal regulations and precedents.
A victory in such a potential lawsuit could in effect may either force USCIS to accept the 485 petitions in July and accept the ones it may deny/return in July.
The outcome of lawsuit cannot be guaranteed but USCIS and DOS are certainly facing a tough fight from us as well as from AILA and like minded organizations.
Please contribute funds as Immigration Voice would need funds to finance an expensive lawsuit against USCIS/DOS should it decide to actively participate in a class action lawsuit.
Immigration Voice encourages all members to help AILF/AILA's potential lawsuit by joining them as plaintiffs and contribute funds to Immigration Voice. We will actively help AILF or other organizations in this lawsuit to force USCIS/DOS to compensate for :
1. Financial and other damages caused due to manipulation of Visa bulletins out of order.
2. Violation of federal regulations and precedents.
A victory in such a potential lawsuit could in effect may either force USCIS to accept the 485 petitions in July and accept the ones it may deny/return in July.
The outcome of lawsuit cannot be guaranteed but USCIS and DOS are certainly facing a tough fight from us as well as from AILA and like minded organizations.
Please contribute funds as Immigration Voice would need funds to finance an expensive lawsuit against USCIS/DOS should it decide to actively participate in a class action lawsuit.
more...
pictures hair Perfect Tiger Woods Golf
eb3retro
07-22 12:02 AM
My experience with amway - Very close friend of mine joined amway once he came to US, and within a few weeks, tried it on me. And at the end, he branded me as closed minded person when I said no many times. Forgot the 4 year friendship and never called me for the past 7 years. Oh well, my wife keeps telling me, those who don't understand us cannot be good friends. And after seven years, I agree...
dresses tiger woods golf swing
gimme_GC2006
09-04 02:28 PM
gimme_GC2006,
Completely agree with you. Also, notice that, this has became a trend in all states
UP: Mayawati
TN: M. Karunanidhi and Jaya Lalitha
Bihar: Laloo; Started with this guy
AP: YSR has taken corruption to new heights with factionism, gunda giri, land grabing( We see a IMV member directly affected)
and many more...and who is encouraging all these..corrupt Congress leaders in the Central administration.
You forgot to add CBN, TDP etc..they are not any less..all of them are basically chauvinists
Completely agree with you. Also, notice that, this has became a trend in all states
UP: Mayawati
TN: M. Karunanidhi and Jaya Lalitha
Bihar: Laloo; Started with this guy
AP: YSR has taken corruption to new heights with factionism, gunda giri, land grabing( We see a IMV member directly affected)
and many more...and who is encouraging all these..corrupt Congress leaders in the Central administration.
You forgot to add CBN, TDP etc..they are not any less..all of them are basically chauvinists
more...
makeup Tiger Woods hits from the sand
desi3933
06-16 04:33 PM
Where did you get that 80k number? You think 80k is good salary for that job, someone else may say 65k, I may say 90k. The salary, among other things, is determined by market forces. If you can't find enough people with xyz then company will be forced to offer more.
As long as there are people who are ready to work on salary 52k (example), employer will not pay 70k. As long as employer is following all the legal requirements, no one can dictate salary for the job.
I agree that the employer will pay the salary that is consummate with the market. No well meaning employer will undercut to save a few pennies at the risk of losing out on quality.
What if the market pay scales are distorted through pervasive fraud ? If you look at it from an employer's view, it gets murkier. Believe it or not, low cost always signal lower quality. Trust me this is marketing 101. Google low cost and the perceptive signals. It is truly tough for the employer to trust the low cost employee's skillset.
Now the distortion comes into play when outsourcing companies flout rules and undercut the market through pervasive fraud. Like other industries such as manufacturing/agriculture etc, IT wages are destined to decline but not at this rate. The acceleration in the decline of wages is perpetuated by these scum outsourcing companies. If the decline in wages were let to decline at the speed of market, then it gives talented people time to upgrade skills or move to other industries without having to sacrifice quality of living. So per your argument, yes the end employer is following the rules by employing people from the outsourcing company because the employer does not know or looks the other way of the outsourcing company committing pervasive fraud. Oh BTW that 80K number was just to highlight that the L1s should be paid high too. It was not based on any scientific or statistical evidence.
>> I agree that the employer will pay the salary that is consummate with the market.
I am glad we are on the same page on this. It is employer who decides how much to pay. Employee decides whether to take the offer or not. Simple.
>> Now the distortion comes into play when outsourcing companies flout rules and undercut the market through pervasive fraud.
Well, you can report the fraudulent activity. If one is wronged, he/she has option of legal route and claiming punitive damages.
>> The acceleration in the decline of wages is perpetuated by these scum outsourcing companies. If the decline in wages were let to decline at the speed of market, then it gives talented people time to upgrade skills or move to other industries without having to sacrifice quality of living.
If my employer pays me less salary, I have option to move to another job. Just like my employer has option to fire me and replace with another qualified worker. Again, unless otherwise, I assume all actions are legal. I don't know about you, but when I came to USA, nobody give me assurance or guarantee that this job is future will pay me at least xx k per year so as to maintain quality of life. Here, two person of equal talent, could be earning 60k and 120k per year. It depends on your skill set, how do you sell yourself, and luck. An example - I have backgound both in Comp Science and Finance, so I look for opportunities where I can use both of them for effective leverage. If you think that I didn't face outsourcing challage or was not given pink slip, then you are wrong. As most professionals, I have seen good days and not-so-good days.
>> Oh BTW that 80K number was just to highlight that the L1s should be paid high too.
With your admission, it is employer's choice on how much to pay. As long as law is followed, you or I can NOT decide on anyone else's salary.
>> For the most part it is if it were left to market forces. Employers, rationally, would only want as much as talent for the price they pay. Most importantly, employers would be willing to go the extra mile to sponsor green cards only if they perceive that the immigrant employee would add value both in the present and the future.
Bad things do happen. Projects get cancelled as Customer is no longer interested. Employer wants to move from Chicago to Dallas, that may prompt employee to look elsewhere. Some employers do not process green card at all (It happened to me, a Big Bank was not processing Green Cards in 1999). You assume all good and rosy will happen to guenine employers and good employees.
>> Now again, when I say employers, I mean the genuine employers and not the fly by night consulting body shops or the outsourcing companies.
Just as some employers with permanent positions are not good, there are some employers in Consulting and Outsourcing world that may be good. Let USCIS and other agencies determine who are genuine employers or not.
>> I strongly believe that EB based GC for a very large part is built on merit. You may see sme cases wherein some ordinary people getting green cards. They, in my opinion , are mostly from these body shops who got "lucky". Cant believe I am using that word !!!
No sir. It is employer-employment based. If you don't have employer to back your I-140, how will get green card. Do you know there is a category - Eb3 skilled worker, where benefiery does not even need bachelor degree. What do you think, those people are "lucky". If so, please take your arguement to Senators and USCIS to restict GC for "merit based" only. Until then, as long as one is getting green card, as per current law, (again as per current law), who are we to complain?
GC is not IIT-JEE exam where there is only one classification. Clear the exam and get the admission. There are varoius categories from EB-1 (Rocket Scientist) to EB-4 (Priest). This is not one-size-fits-all.
We need to look at issues faced by EB based community from a distance and without the glasses of issues faced personally by us. Until then, it is fight that one is more deserving than the other.
.
As long as there are people who are ready to work on salary 52k (example), employer will not pay 70k. As long as employer is following all the legal requirements, no one can dictate salary for the job.
I agree that the employer will pay the salary that is consummate with the market. No well meaning employer will undercut to save a few pennies at the risk of losing out on quality.
What if the market pay scales are distorted through pervasive fraud ? If you look at it from an employer's view, it gets murkier. Believe it or not, low cost always signal lower quality. Trust me this is marketing 101. Google low cost and the perceptive signals. It is truly tough for the employer to trust the low cost employee's skillset.
Now the distortion comes into play when outsourcing companies flout rules and undercut the market through pervasive fraud. Like other industries such as manufacturing/agriculture etc, IT wages are destined to decline but not at this rate. The acceleration in the decline of wages is perpetuated by these scum outsourcing companies. If the decline in wages were let to decline at the speed of market, then it gives talented people time to upgrade skills or move to other industries without having to sacrifice quality of living. So per your argument, yes the end employer is following the rules by employing people from the outsourcing company because the employer does not know or looks the other way of the outsourcing company committing pervasive fraud. Oh BTW that 80K number was just to highlight that the L1s should be paid high too. It was not based on any scientific or statistical evidence.
>> I agree that the employer will pay the salary that is consummate with the market.
I am glad we are on the same page on this. It is employer who decides how much to pay. Employee decides whether to take the offer or not. Simple.
>> Now the distortion comes into play when outsourcing companies flout rules and undercut the market through pervasive fraud.
Well, you can report the fraudulent activity. If one is wronged, he/she has option of legal route and claiming punitive damages.
>> The acceleration in the decline of wages is perpetuated by these scum outsourcing companies. If the decline in wages were let to decline at the speed of market, then it gives talented people time to upgrade skills or move to other industries without having to sacrifice quality of living.
If my employer pays me less salary, I have option to move to another job. Just like my employer has option to fire me and replace with another qualified worker. Again, unless otherwise, I assume all actions are legal. I don't know about you, but when I came to USA, nobody give me assurance or guarantee that this job is future will pay me at least xx k per year so as to maintain quality of life. Here, two person of equal talent, could be earning 60k and 120k per year. It depends on your skill set, how do you sell yourself, and luck. An example - I have backgound both in Comp Science and Finance, so I look for opportunities where I can use both of them for effective leverage. If you think that I didn't face outsourcing challage or was not given pink slip, then you are wrong. As most professionals, I have seen good days and not-so-good days.
>> Oh BTW that 80K number was just to highlight that the L1s should be paid high too.
With your admission, it is employer's choice on how much to pay. As long as law is followed, you or I can NOT decide on anyone else's salary.
>> For the most part it is if it were left to market forces. Employers, rationally, would only want as much as talent for the price they pay. Most importantly, employers would be willing to go the extra mile to sponsor green cards only if they perceive that the immigrant employee would add value both in the present and the future.
Bad things do happen. Projects get cancelled as Customer is no longer interested. Employer wants to move from Chicago to Dallas, that may prompt employee to look elsewhere. Some employers do not process green card at all (It happened to me, a Big Bank was not processing Green Cards in 1999). You assume all good and rosy will happen to guenine employers and good employees.
>> Now again, when I say employers, I mean the genuine employers and not the fly by night consulting body shops or the outsourcing companies.
Just as some employers with permanent positions are not good, there are some employers in Consulting and Outsourcing world that may be good. Let USCIS and other agencies determine who are genuine employers or not.
>> I strongly believe that EB based GC for a very large part is built on merit. You may see sme cases wherein some ordinary people getting green cards. They, in my opinion , are mostly from these body shops who got "lucky". Cant believe I am using that word !!!
No sir. It is employer-employment based. If you don't have employer to back your I-140, how will get green card. Do you know there is a category - Eb3 skilled worker, where benefiery does not even need bachelor degree. What do you think, those people are "lucky". If so, please take your arguement to Senators and USCIS to restict GC for "merit based" only. Until then, as long as one is getting green card, as per current law, (again as per current law), who are we to complain?
GC is not IIT-JEE exam where there is only one classification. Clear the exam and get the admission. There are varoius categories from EB-1 (Rocket Scientist) to EB-4 (Priest). This is not one-size-fits-all.
We need to look at issues faced by EB based community from a distance and without the glasses of issues faced personally by us. Until then, it is fight that one is more deserving than the other.
.
girlfriend tiger woods swing vision.
don_don
03-16 01:28 PM
Are you from India,,if yes, think again,,,the EB3 2003 PD may not buy u much,,u may be well know trying to go for perm and 140 with current EB2...eb3 for india is a black hole,,,i hope u know what a black hole is,,,its kinda dangerous!!
hairstyles Two Plane Golf Swing Theory:
dallasdude
05-29 12:31 PM
Otherwise how would you explain the sudden rise in EB1 filings and a quota which never used to be over in previous years suddenly has cut-off dates.
If we keep quiet, these same clowns will use up all the visas and smirk at us for filing in the "lower" categories. What a backdoor to a green card! :mad:
Those clowns will rot in hell! All those unworthy idiots will never make it here till the end.
If we keep quiet, these same clowns will use up all the visas and smirk at us for filing in the "lower" categories. What a backdoor to a green card! :mad:
Those clowns will rot in hell! All those unworthy idiots will never make it here till the end.
dealsnet
05-13 10:21 AM
Both Tamils and Singalese are our people. They migrated to Lanka about 2-3 thousand years back. Now the fighting is for stamping authority to rule one over the other.
2000 years back most of the south India speaks Tamil/Dravidian language. Malayalam is a new language made from Sanskrit and Tamil.
No one is sure who migrated to Lanka first. Tamils are still in India, so poeple think they migrated and now making a fight with the foreign country. It is wrong. See the links below to see the Singalese miration details.
I am not a Tamil or Singalese. We cannot say Tamils went to Lanka and asking for homeland. The truth is both Tamils and Singalese migrated from India. May be Tamils went to Lanka before the Singalese. LTTE is a terrorist organization, but it gained popularity because of Singalese neglect of Tamils. I don't think the problem can be resolve through military means. The war will change from conventional to gorrilla within this year.
Only political solution can bring peace.
Read these historical facts about the singala migration.
http://www.lankalibrary.com/books/sinhala_history.htm
http://www.sinhaya.com/begining.htm
http://www.country-data.com/cgi-bin/query/r-13173.html
2000 years back most of the south India speaks Tamil/Dravidian language. Malayalam is a new language made from Sanskrit and Tamil.
No one is sure who migrated to Lanka first. Tamils are still in India, so poeple think they migrated and now making a fight with the foreign country. It is wrong. See the links below to see the Singalese miration details.
I am not a Tamil or Singalese. We cannot say Tamils went to Lanka and asking for homeland. The truth is both Tamils and Singalese migrated from India. May be Tamils went to Lanka before the Singalese. LTTE is a terrorist organization, but it gained popularity because of Singalese neglect of Tamils. I don't think the problem can be resolve through military means. The war will change from conventional to gorrilla within this year.
Only political solution can bring peace.
Read these historical facts about the singala migration.
http://www.lankalibrary.com/books/sinhala_history.htm
http://www.sinhaya.com/begining.htm
http://www.country-data.com/cgi-bin/query/r-13173.html
bobzibub
07-10 11:48 AM
My wife suggested the same thing about an hour ago after getting our lawyer's visa bill for my worthless 485 application. (#$#$%you very much US government!)
It is much better to run to something than run from something. But maybe it is time.
It is much better to run to something than run from something. But maybe it is time.
No comments:
Post a Comment