meridiani.planum
08-26 02:36 PM
65 pending cases for 2004 here. Even if we multiply by 10 - 650 cases?. Fair deal?
I have also been wondering how to extrapolate this to total numbers. Its probably a good reprsentation of spread. (ie. 1% is 2003 and earlier, 20% are in 2004). but actual numbers???
if you choose to multiply 2004 by 10, we should also multiply the total votes (300) and assume that wehave only 3000 pending485 applications... that does not seem right. More like x75 or x100 based on whatever we have been hearing...
Note that in some cases this is just one person who responded to the poll in a family of 2 or 3. Their PDs are the same (most probably) but the count of cases would need to be adjusted.
I have also been wondering how to extrapolate this to total numbers. Its probably a good reprsentation of spread. (ie. 1% is 2003 and earlier, 20% are in 2004). but actual numbers???
if you choose to multiply 2004 by 10, we should also multiply the total votes (300) and assume that wehave only 3000 pending485 applications... that does not seem right. More like x75 or x100 based on whatever we have been hearing...
Note that in some cases this is just one person who responded to the poll in a family of 2 or 3. Their PDs are the same (most probably) but the count of cases would need to be adjusted.
wallpaper Cute Long Blonde Emo Haircut
manojp4
07-19 05:28 PM
Hope, USCIS would allow filing for dependents at a later stage even your PD is not current. :confused:
This is what I am hoping IV could work on too.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10695
This is what I am hoping IV could work on too.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10695
BharatPremi
10-02 07:47 PM
If you want OCI, there are a few hoops to jump through -
1. Apply for an Indian passport first.
2. Once the Indian passport is issued, apply for the US passport.
3. Return the Indian passport after the US passport is issued. The consulate should return the Indian passport back to you, but keep a photocopy in case they don't.
4. Now you can apply for OCI on the grounds that your son once held an Indian passport.
His child is born in USA and thus his child is US Citizen and so he can only apply for US passport. He can not apply for Indian passport for his child.
1. Apply for an Indian passport first.
2. Once the Indian passport is issued, apply for the US passport.
3. Return the Indian passport after the US passport is issued. The consulate should return the Indian passport back to you, but keep a photocopy in case they don't.
4. Now you can apply for OCI on the grounds that your son once held an Indian passport.
His child is born in USA and thus his child is US Citizen and so he can only apply for US passport. He can not apply for Indian passport for his child.
2011 cute-emo-boy
Jayr
08-22 02:15 PM
I like your word: "guestimate" (Guess + Estimate) i.e. tukka (hindi word)
Well, I don't think I am at the end of line of 300,000 people. There must be lots and lots of people whose priority date is after April 2004 might have filed. This includes 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.
So I think 3 years is intelligent guess. But who knows I am just trying to make myself happy and trying to stay positive.
:)
My understanding was that once the 485 is filed, you go by RD. It doesn't matter what your PD is...
Does anyone know what the legislation is?
Well, I don't think I am at the end of line of 300,000 people. There must be lots and lots of people whose priority date is after April 2004 might have filed. This includes 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.
So I think 3 years is intelligent guess. But who knows I am just trying to make myself happy and trying to stay positive.
:)
My understanding was that once the 485 is filed, you go by RD. It doesn't matter what your PD is...
Does anyone know what the legislation is?
more...

nozerd
04-13 12:53 PM
Its 42.30 RS/ $ on www.xe.com
This is what happens when you spend $ 4 billion a month on just the Iraq war.
Doesnt help with all the wages going to India to pay workers for outsourced jobs.
This is what happens when you spend $ 4 billion a month on just the Iraq war.
Doesnt help with all the wages going to India to pay workers for outsourced jobs.
gsc999
09-25 09:15 PM
I agree with both the ideas.
In fact the idea of the banner with 'Waiting for X years' is fantastic ..
That would be an amazing sight where everyone holds placards that say since when they have been waiting.
If it's even 400 people .. we have 400 people saying look we've been waiting since 5,7 or 9 years.
It's also important to get in heavyweights like either local folks like Google HR head or any public face. Google has always supported the Immigration issues .. since they have problems because they couldn't hire folks when the h1 lottery happenned.
--
vivache,
Thanks for the good ideas.
Can you PM me your ph# so we can chat. It would be great if you can take on this action item of organizing rally at the company campus you work for, it is pretty respectable company and I know this because I cover the semiconductor space. I think your example will inspire others to conduct a similar event at their campuses.
Please let me know what help you need from me.
In fact the idea of the banner with 'Waiting for X years' is fantastic ..
That would be an amazing sight where everyone holds placards that say since when they have been waiting.
If it's even 400 people .. we have 400 people saying look we've been waiting since 5,7 or 9 years.
It's also important to get in heavyweights like either local folks like Google HR head or any public face. Google has always supported the Immigration issues .. since they have problems because they couldn't hire folks when the h1 lottery happenned.
--
vivache,
Thanks for the good ideas.
Can you PM me your ph# so we can chat. It would be great if you can take on this action item of organizing rally at the company campus you work for, it is pretty respectable company and I know this because I cover the semiconductor space. I think your example will inspire others to conduct a similar event at their campuses.
Please let me know what help you need from me.
more...
GCNirvana007
08-24 04:09 PM
Are there any transfered cases which got approved? I am yet to see one. My service center is TSC but my case starts with WAC as it was sent to Calif for data uploading ...my bad luck...I will be current next month but i doubt any transfered cases will get approved...
just fell thru the cracks....anyway good luck for those who are straight forward cases (if there are any)
SoP
Your case might just be a coincidence unless we have lot of transferred cases not being approved. Speaking of which we see this handle Visual whose PD is Jan 03.
If transferred case is the road block, you guys have a strong case to raise, even legal action.
just fell thru the cracks....anyway good luck for those who are straight forward cases (if there are any)
SoP
Your case might just be a coincidence unless we have lot of transferred cases not being approved. Speaking of which we see this handle Visual whose PD is Jan 03.
If transferred case is the road block, you guys have a strong case to raise, even legal action.
2010 Emo hairstyles 2011 promise

Marphad
07-29 06:06 PM
Great job of keeping idea live ;)
more...
mhathi
05-13 04:16 PM
After you wait for 7-8 years in your category for your visa your thougths will change. I have MS from an american university + work experience. Our lawyer decided to file EB3 in 2001, they convinced the company that EB3 is easier to get approved. i am still waiting for my GC, in the mean time i have gained a lot of experience, i am still an EB3 for USCIS. There are many in a similar position.
People talk about unethical practices etc. i feel that they ones who jumped the queue and used agressive lawyer already have their green cards. Most of my friends are already thinking about citizenship (and ROI after USC..that is a different forum :)).
Its people working in multinational companies who follow the law by the book are the ones who get screwed, its just my observation and opinion ..good or bad, i dont know...
Agree with you! If you are looking for corroboration of the blue highlighted statement, I am in the same boat... Seriously thinking of interfiling in EB2 if I get a good opportunity with AC21.
People talk about unethical practices etc. i feel that they ones who jumped the queue and used agressive lawyer already have their green cards. Most of my friends are already thinking about citizenship (and ROI after USC..that is a different forum :)).
Its people working in multinational companies who follow the law by the book are the ones who get screwed, its just my observation and opinion ..good or bad, i dont know...
Agree with you! If you are looking for corroboration of the blue highlighted statement, I am in the same boat... Seriously thinking of interfiling in EB2 if I get a good opportunity with AC21.
hair Cute Girl Emo Hairstyles

Green_Always
07-01 01:53 PM
Our Indian Media says as follows :
Did Obama really Pledge on this ??? I dont know.
Barack Obama pledges to fix the broken immigration system
Barack Obama pledges to fix the broken immigration system - US - World - The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/Barack-Obama-pledges-to-fix-the-broken-immigration-system/articleshow/6116661.cms)
Did Obama really Pledge on this ??? I dont know.
Barack Obama pledges to fix the broken immigration system
Barack Obama pledges to fix the broken immigration system - US - World - The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/Barack-Obama-pledges-to-fix-the-broken-immigration-system/articleshow/6116661.cms)
more...
psethi
02-28 09:55 AM
Contributed on sunday
hot cute emo hairstyles for girls.
gc28262
01-23 01:14 PM
I hope they do that ..
Can i apply for 485..with 140 pending? and then switch to EAD after 6 months?
I will be completing my 9 yrs for H1 in Jan 2010...;)
I think there is a way you can file 485 when I-140 is pending. One of my friends did that during July Fiasco.
Check with a lawyer and be prepared for that moment.
Can i apply for 485..with 140 pending? and then switch to EAD after 6 months?
I will be completing my 9 yrs for H1 in Jan 2010...;)
I think there is a way you can file 485 when I-140 is pending. One of my friends did that during July Fiasco.
Check with a lawyer and be prepared for that moment.
more...
house Cute Emo Girls Hairstyles

nrk
08-11 10:45 AM
Hopefully they might be waiting to approve both AP and 485 together. (I am thinking they might have taken the amount on AP already)
Take an info pass appointment to get more details if it is close to you.
Well I jumped a little too early :) and opened a SR in July. The following is the response I received:
================================================== ========
The status of this service request is:
The Service is waiting for VISA availability. Once a VISA becomes available allow additional time for your application to be reviewed by an Officer and you will be notified as soon as a decision is made
================================================== ========
It is less than 60 days old status now and hence cant open a SR for 1.5 months :)
BTW, it has been over 2.5 months now and my AP hasnt been approved yet :mad:
Take an info pass appointment to get more details if it is close to you.
Well I jumped a little too early :) and opened a SR in July. The following is the response I received:
================================================== ========
The status of this service request is:
The Service is waiting for VISA availability. Once a VISA becomes available allow additional time for your application to be reviewed by an Officer and you will be notified as soon as a decision is made
================================================== ========
It is less than 60 days old status now and hence cant open a SR for 1.5 months :)
BTW, it has been over 2.5 months now and my AP hasnt been approved yet :mad:
tattoo cute results. Emo
spicy_guy
10-13 07:32 PM
Any approvals from Nebraska off late?
Mine Sep 2nd. Nothing as of yet. Maybe too early to think about :D
Mine Sep 2nd. Nothing as of yet. Maybe too early to think about :D
more...
pictures Japanese emo hairstyle with

nshalady
06-19 01:02 AM
You dont need an EAD, if you still have valid H1. AC21 has nothing to do with EAD. However, if your H1 is expiring soon, and you have already used up 6 years of H1, you would need an EAD, because H1 extension beyond 6 years is available only for people who cant file I485 because of retrogression.
-Niranjan
If you don't need EAD to use AC21 whats the use of EAD for the primary applicant?
I was not planning to change company and just filed my 485 without EAD last week. But now situation has changed and the lawyer said i need EAD if i want to use AC21 after 6 months. I'm hoping to get a receipt notice soon so that i can file for EAD without the increased fees. Anybody has any link to where it says we don't need EAD for AC21 so i can check with my lawyer?
-Niranjan
If you don't need EAD to use AC21 whats the use of EAD for the primary applicant?
I was not planning to change company and just filed my 485 without EAD last week. But now situation has changed and the lawyer said i need EAD if i want to use AC21 after 6 months. I'm hoping to get a receipt notice soon so that i can file for EAD without the increased fees. Anybody has any link to where it says we don't need EAD for AC21 so i can check with my lawyer?
dresses Extreme Medium Emo Haircut
h1b_forever
04-15 12:40 PM
Many in this community have endured and suffered at the hands of rogue employers at one time or the other.
It is time we came together and shut them down. It is better for the community and the world in general.
It is time we came together and shut them down. It is better for the community and the world in general.
more...
makeup cute emo haircuts for girls
desidas
02-01 01:49 PM
Logiclife,
Below is a recent story on travel on AP. I see many posts where folks are asked at POE by CBP offcials if they are still working from the petitioning employer.
Can you advise why CBP officers are even asking to several AP travellers if they are still working for the GC petitioning employer?
My situation: I am not working for the petitioning employer anymore and dont have an attorney as well and so need to get prepared to answer the CBP officails why i am not working for the petitioning employer at POE and you know, CBP officails dont understand AC-21 etc
Please read below.
================================================== =
japs19
Junior Member Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 22
My story...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel like sharing mine as mine is the most horrifying.
After scanning my expired H-1 and reviewing my AP, I was sent to "secondary check" where they ask you few questions and verify the authenticity of the documents.
I was asked if I work for the original petitioner? I said no, currently I work for another employer. I showed them my H-1 approval (I-797). The CBP officer was about to stamp my AP and he was told by a "side-kick" that I have to be employed at the same employer otherwise what is the guarantee that I will go and work for that employer. I calmly explained the fact that GC is for future employment and per AC-21 I can change after 180 days. The CBP officer said wait here and then he walked in to some room. He returned after 20 minutes and I was told to go and wait and other officer will take care of the situation. From one officer to another and another to another. I was asked if I am trying to do any fraud. Finally after 5 hours of questioning, I somewhat lost my temper and told them that either send me back to home country or let me go. So after making few phone calls, they concluded that they don't have access to all my records on their system and it is very gray situation so the office in downtown will take care of the situation.
They took my passport, AP, H-1 approval letter and told me to go to downtown office after 30 days and they will decide what to do.
My lawyer was kind enough to accompany me as she was also upset with their act. When I went there, we were rudely asked completely out of place questions which had nothing to do with whose employer I work for or anything and I was told that "I" confused CBP officers by showing AP and H-1 and I should have just shown them AP and everything would have been fine. I am the culprit and I choose to get myself in trouble.....
I said nothing and just saw him stamping my AP and walked out. I don't know what to conclude out of it. But A friend of mine had valid H-1 and AP and they asked "has any one applied for AOS for you?" he said yes. They asked him to show 485 and AP if he had and same story,,,one officer to another and another to another which lasted for 3 hours and finally his H-1 was stamped.
So, again I am not sure what they are trying to get out of this but this is happening at the airport. I am not trying to scare anyone but just be prepared to deal with such situation and keep in mind that you are not doing any fraud and keep the honesty.
Below is a recent story on travel on AP. I see many posts where folks are asked at POE by CBP offcials if they are still working from the petitioning employer.
Can you advise why CBP officers are even asking to several AP travellers if they are still working for the GC petitioning employer?
My situation: I am not working for the petitioning employer anymore and dont have an attorney as well and so need to get prepared to answer the CBP officails why i am not working for the petitioning employer at POE and you know, CBP officails dont understand AC-21 etc
Please read below.
================================================== =
japs19
Junior Member Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 22
My story...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel like sharing mine as mine is the most horrifying.
After scanning my expired H-1 and reviewing my AP, I was sent to "secondary check" where they ask you few questions and verify the authenticity of the documents.
I was asked if I work for the original petitioner? I said no, currently I work for another employer. I showed them my H-1 approval (I-797). The CBP officer was about to stamp my AP and he was told by a "side-kick" that I have to be employed at the same employer otherwise what is the guarantee that I will go and work for that employer. I calmly explained the fact that GC is for future employment and per AC-21 I can change after 180 days. The CBP officer said wait here and then he walked in to some room. He returned after 20 minutes and I was told to go and wait and other officer will take care of the situation. From one officer to another and another to another. I was asked if I am trying to do any fraud. Finally after 5 hours of questioning, I somewhat lost my temper and told them that either send me back to home country or let me go. So after making few phone calls, they concluded that they don't have access to all my records on their system and it is very gray situation so the office in downtown will take care of the situation.
They took my passport, AP, H-1 approval letter and told me to go to downtown office after 30 days and they will decide what to do.
My lawyer was kind enough to accompany me as she was also upset with their act. When I went there, we were rudely asked completely out of place questions which had nothing to do with whose employer I work for or anything and I was told that "I" confused CBP officers by showing AP and H-1 and I should have just shown them AP and everything would have been fine. I am the culprit and I choose to get myself in trouble.....
I said nothing and just saw him stamping my AP and walked out. I don't know what to conclude out of it. But A friend of mine had valid H-1 and AP and they asked "has any one applied for AOS for you?" he said yes. They asked him to show 485 and AP if he had and same story,,,one officer to another and another to another which lasted for 3 hours and finally his H-1 was stamped.
So, again I am not sure what they are trying to get out of this but this is happening at the airport. I am not trying to scare anyone but just be prepared to deal with such situation and keep in mind that you are not doing any fraud and keep the honesty.
girlfriend cute-blonde-emo-hairstyles-54.

Winner
03-27 11:37 AM
How about we will bet for/against predictions and let all the proceedings go to IV???
IMO... MOST (Yes, I meant MOST not ALL) of the folks who play prediction game are freeloaders. Once money is involved they will disappear.
IMO... MOST (Yes, I meant MOST not ALL) of the folks who play prediction game are freeloaders. Once money is involved they will disappear.
hairstyles 2009 emo haircuts
boldm28
04-17 01:51 PM
I agree with you.
the India shining is a myth limted to middle class .. nothing is being done for the farmers or in generall for masses
the India shining is a myth limted to middle class .. nothing is being done for the farmers or in generall for masses
saimrathi
07-10 09:19 AM
Thanks for taking it in your stride.. I was kidding indeed.. :p
I know your are kidding saimrathi :).
On a serious note though, flight ticket is a small price to pay compared to the other losses that we are suffering because of status quo.
I know your are kidding saimrathi :).
On a serious note though, flight ticket is a small price to pay compared to the other losses that we are suffering because of status quo.
jsb
04-07 02:13 PM
There will be no movement in May bulletin, but June bulletin will be Jan 1 2006 for EB2. I'm guessing this based on last 3 years, where there was no movement in May but had significant jump every June.
What is the purpose of this guess work, or non-scientific predicting? Just wait and see, what happens? Favourable speculation is not going to generate real good bulletin.
What is the purpose of this guess work, or non-scientific predicting? Just wait and see, what happens? Favourable speculation is not going to generate real good bulletin.
No comments:
Post a Comment